There is a lot to love (and hate) about the month of February…
My February loves:
- We have made it through the darkest 10 weeks of the year.
- Those who live in cold zones are getting a surprise snow day now and then.
- We’re in that calm part of the year that is usually free from field trips and major disruptions.
- Any warm day we have is just the first of many to come, not the LAST of many.
- March music madness is on the horizon, so I can start playing the songs as students come into class to get their ear ready to hear them in the competition. (I do this MMM. From SpanishPlans.org.)
My February hates:
- Why is it so cold?!?
- Why is it dark at 6pm? And can I go to bed now?
- Spring Break is a long way off.
- Planning can get SO tedious with 14 weeks left of school.
- Wait, WHAT? There are only 14 weeks left of school!? I have so much to do! I need to test for Seal of Biliteracy! I need to induct a new class of Sociedad Honoraria Hispánica awardees….
Anything sound familiar? It seems like every time I start to think the year will never end, I realize it is going to end really soon and I need to be more intentional in my planning!!
In Spanish 2, I need to finish a reader, do some more units, and read one more reader. In Spanish 3, I need to finish a reader, do a technology unit, test for seal of biliteracy, do some more units, and read one more reader. In Spanish 4… where we have only THIRTEEN more weeks, I need to finish a reader, do another unit, re-test for seal of biliteracy, do some more units, do a free-choice reader project. I don’t have enough tiiiiiiiiiiime. How is May so close and yet so far??
If you’d like to get your hands on some of the resources I use, TPT is having their annual two day February sale starting Tuesday, February 7. Everything at Somewhere to Share will be on sale for 20% off, get an extra 5% off with code FEBSALE23!